[AT] ATIS Holdiay Charity Auction

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Dec 9 14:10:42 PST 2006

Just a quick update - We have only seven items so far for the ATIS holiday
charity auction.

I am not sure why there is such a lack of interest in this; the only thing
we do as a group that is supportive of others, such as the Tractor Test
Museum, Tod Engine project and Internal Fire and obviously the humanitarian
charities.  In the past, we rounded up over $5,000 .   This year, we might
not break $500.  These unneeded items, including the pliers(Who has them
anyway???) will serve a greater purpose and the giving and bidding will
help to remind us the higher ideals we aspire to serve this holiday season.

As a poster in the YMCA I belong to says: "There is nothing more sublime to
to put another in front of you".  However, I can think of one thing more
sublime:   To become the people we advertise ourselves to be and really
believe ourselves to be,.   That is the magic of Christmas.  And with the
ATIS Holiday Charity auction, we can nearly painlessly achieve this.

As you folks know, I am much too proud to beg.   But occasionally I'll do
it.  As a favor to me, I beg you folks to embrace the auction as a show of
force of our collective nature.

Thanks, and back to your regularly scheduled discussion,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net