[AT] Old time cures

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 9 10:08:02 PST 2006

Carl Tatlock wrote:
> Speaking of old time medicines and such
> Bag Balm is still around and a popular remedy-- still made in VT, still
> sold in the same containers--from little bitty cans for tourists, to the
> large economy size for farm use. The only change I know of was when in
> the 1920's they changed the name  from "Kow Kure" to "Bag Balm."  It is
> the consistency of  a very thick axle grease.   It smells great--will
> unclog sinuses, protect hands from weather, and the cows still like it
> too.    Some things don't need improvement..             Carl in VT
Carl,
being an old dairy guy I see amazing similarities to what we used here,
"udder ease" made by Franklin in those neat little square yellow tins.
I've probably still got a few old tins around the barn. Yes, it was
thick as axle grease and smelled great. Wonder if its the same thing as
you used just under a different label?

Ralph in Sask.