[AT] Gone Shopping ?? MAybe OT, maybe not.

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 8 16:24:46 PST 2006

Hi Ralph,

That snow in NC is up in the high elevations of the mountains.  They get
plenty of snow there but this is fairly early for them.  Down here in
coastal NC it's too cold to snow.  LOL.  Actually that isn't a joke.  If we
get any snow at all it happens when cold air comes in from the NW and warm
air blows in off the ocean and meets it just inland.  Usually when it snows
here it's just barely freezing or slightly above when it starts.  In my 56
years I've seen one 12" snow and one 18" snow.  The rest were 5 inches or
less and typically 2 or less.  Last winter it didn't snow at all.

Today it warmed up to about 38 and is supposed to be in the teens tonight.
That is about as cold as it ever gets here.  I've seen it down to zero once
here about 30 years ago.

Charlie