[AT] Machine shop

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 4 12:59:10 PST 2006

Will ,
           I took the M flywheel back this morning along with the 560
flywheel, that is - was to be used as pattern.
The same one they used as pattern the first time, now im going to have to
put a few pictures in photobucket.
So you can see what I am dealing with.
The M flywheel is mostly flat, and the 560 flywheel has a neck of say 1 5/8"
So what the machine shop done was make a neck, same as neck on 560 flywheel.
Then drill to match the holes,
the neck is - was bolted to the flywheel with 3 bolts. After the manager
looked at it and could see the holes were off, he apoligized greatly. And
told me that they would redo it, make another neck and drill it right. I ask
him was the flywheel getting way to many holes in it ? And he said that only
a little more needed to be removed. And that with true holes in the neck,
and it geing bolted together it should work ok.
Also said that in the event that there were to many holes in the flywheel.
He would buy another one and start over. It would have been easier to use a
V8 engine of any brand than the engine I am useing 221ci  460 international
Kevin Mosier