[Steam-engine] Where to buy steam parts?

Harold Kuret cceinc at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 2 14:08:15 PST 2006

I have a Conbraco valve on my engine. It was purchased new 7 years ago. It
has worked out very well for me.

I had it re-calibrated after 5 years of use as per Ontario regulations at
the time by the same people I purchased the valve from. It showed no signs
of any problems.

When I originally ordered the valve it was set to pop at 100 PSIG, it only
blew down about 4 pounds and gave a nice solid re-seat right from the
manufacturer. When I had it reset after the 5 years it was blowing down to
much, the company came to my place and set the blow down on my engine. It
seems there test boiler although capable of putting out lots of pressure was
not able to put out enough volume of steam. After that It works as good as
the day I got it.

On a side note I very seldom have my safety lift, the odd time I get caught
with to much fire while waiting to thrash or saw at a show, other than that
we are in control.

Harold Kuret
Lynden, ON Canada