[Steam-engine] Where to buy steam parts?

Blake blake at little-mountain.com
Fri Dec 1 18:40:51 PST 2006

Mike,

Did you read the article in the magazine formerly known as the Iron
Men Album about safety valves? It appears there are no safety valves
produced today that are made to work as the old ones did. The author
suggests using a good old one set about 5 psi below a new one
connected parallel to a new one. The new one will meet the code, but
the old one will do all the work.

I had a Kunkle from a company north of Portersville, Pa. on my
Rumely. It worked the first year, but then would leak after popping.
I had them repair it, but then the blowdown was screwed up. They
finally said they could not fix it and gave my money back.

Make sure you ask for a valve for a hand fired boiler and request the
amount of blowdown and capacity you want.

Blake