[Farmall] Back in the M business

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Thu Aug 31 17:55:10 PDT 2006

Hello, Steve and Al.  Sorry for the slow reply.  It's a 1950 model, serial
number 218,000-something.  Just a nice plain narrow-front M.

It needs plenty of little things done to it, enough to keep me busy for a
good while.  First order of business this weekend will be to clean the
carburetor up and see if I can figure out why it's slowly dripping gasoline,
and do something about that.  Next is to take off the cobbled-up PTO
engagement lever and see if I can get the PTO to work.  The tractor had a
partial paint-brush paint job at some point, and I'll try to at least clean
that up a bit with some rubbing compound.  I have a set of fenders and a
belt pulley to put on it, but will eventually need to find gauges, a battery
box, and a grille insert.  Rear rubber is pretty good, front is only okay,
one of the front wheels has some wobble in the bearing.  Steering wheel
makes my hands all black, so I'll try a cleanup and some clear coat on that.

Here's a photo:  http://www.vinsonfarm.net/photos/1950_M.jpg

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net