[AT] Towing

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Aug 31 13:30:29 PDT 2006

	In Indiana it is legal to tow a trailer with a rear hitch
and to tow another trailer behind that. I am not sure of
the law changes that allow that, just that they started
appearing one day and are said to be legal. I was wondering
how universal that might be across the country and if any
states expressly forbid it. Most often it is a vehicle that
is pulling a travel trailer and then has a boat trailer
behind that.
	It seems a little funny that someone can hit the road with
a 130 foot motor home pulling two trailers behind it but if
I were to hang 3 empty farm wagons behind a tractor and
start down a back road at 10 MPH with it I can be stopped
and ticketed...
	I got to thinking about this because I want to go to a
plow day about 40 miles away and I thought about putting
the plow on a small trailer behind the bigger trailer. If I
thought that there would be a loader or forklift there I
would just sit the plow on the truck or crosswise on one
end of the bigger trailer using my loader. My S-MTA Farmall
that I would likely take does not have a 3-point lift or I
could use a 3 point boom I have..

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's