[Steam-engine] 2006 Barnes Steam and Power Show

Terry Welch terry1955 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 04:54:13 PDT 2006

That is a nice two Cyl Fairbanks Model Y. We have one like that here at Rock River. I was oiling it and rolled it over by hand and with air yesterday getting ready to run during our show this coming weekend.

Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com> wrote:  Howdy all;
Spent a wonderful last week down at Barnes, located in Belgrade, Mt.
I-90 East/West Corridor.

Lots of Steam both Traction and Stationary. The HUGE Ingersol-Sergeant
steam driven air compressor being the most impressive IMO. Railroad yard to
the East of Belgrade in Livingston, Mt. was home to three of these. One
running 24/7 with the second one kicked on during heavy work loads. At
Belgrade it is used to start the big two lunger Fairbanks-Morse.

Here's some pix's:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/553426245mWDtfn

Hope you enjoy and can make the trip someday. This was their 33rd year of
showing.

Regards
RickinMt.

--0-809021469-1157025253=:16474

That is a nice two Cyl Fairbanks Model Y. We have one like that here at Rock River. I was oiling it and rolled it over by hand and with air yesterday getting ready to run during our show this coming weekend. <BR><BR><B><I>Richard Strobel <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com></I></B> wrote:  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Howdy all;<BR>Spent a wonderful last week down at Barnes, located in Belgrade, Mt. <BR>I-90 East/West Corridor.<BR><BR>Lots of Steam both Traction and Stationary. The HUGE Ingersol-Sergeant <BR>steam driven air compressor being the most impressive IMO. Railroad yard to <BR>the East of Belgrade in Livingston, Mt. was home to three of these. One <BR>running 24/7 with the second one kicked on during heavy work loads. At <BR>Belgrade it is used to start the big two lunger Fairbanks-Morse.<BR><BR>Here's some pix's:<BR><BR>http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/553426245mWDtfn<BR><BR>Hope you