[AT] RE: Tubes and tires/fixes

Almost-Running Deere deereman1000 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 06:49:38 PDT 2006

I am fond of those myself although some of the welding just makes you
splutter (pun intended).  In fact I sometimes just leave them alone as I am
"derusting" a project.  One I left was a nail in the steering joint on a a
Super C.  I know how it got there as a matter of fact.  I was raking hay in
July 1973 when the roll pin failed and I found a nail in the tool box and
put it in.  It was Dad's tractor and he owned it for a few more years and it
then had two other owner before I tracted it down.  That nail and a braze in
the radiator (tree branch ca 1971) allowed me to know that it was his
tractor even though it had been paited with a mop as farmer says.  Glad
neither him nor the two other owners had enough money (or motivation) to
take out that nail!

Dana
SE PA