[AT] Portland

kgw gwaugh at wowway.com
Tue Aug 29 09:12:41 PDT 2006

Just want to take a moment to thank all of you tractor fellers (AND
wives!!!) for the camaraderie  & courtesies shown to the Waugh Boys at
Portland.

We went back to Paul's place and got a few pops out of his JD 420 before
I had to head back to Elgin (IL).  It had been torn down for a while,
awaiting reassembly with new rings, rod bearings, rebuilt head, etc.  We
got a few pops, and had to drop everything to get me to South Bend in
time to catch the train that would head me towards Chicago.

But---back to Portland---again, Thanks!  The breakfast, the coffee, the
company.  I must admit, farmer must have seen something I did not, as I
was rather disappointed by the conservative actions of the Dotson Boys
this year.  Their fires (as I saw them) were contained, under
control---well, "civilized" even.   I did not even see any seriously
flammable liquids being used to initiate the fires.  Hopefully GeneD did
not save the Grand Finale for Saturday morning with his airplane---at
least I have read nothing about any such thing in the newspapers!

I hope to have something to display along with you next year.  George
and others are getting me intrigued in those little red machines---and
they would fit into my city space rather well as well...

I suppose H**l has not yet frozen over, but what with a DRY Portland
show, I am expecting the Chicago Cubs to soon be winning the World Series!!

Again, Thanks, all.

Gene Waugh
Elgin, Illinois