[AT] O.T.--shootin' skunks (357 vrs 38)

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 23:11:29 PDT 2006

I can remember one actual case of a guy being killed by a falling bullet
here. It was some years before my military duty 1992/1993 so maybe I won't
get everything right but it was all over the news.
Anyway there was this guy that travelled down the road when the other
trafficants saw him... (can't remember how dramatic the stop was but he
didn't totally crash or so) He had a small hole in the side of his forehead,
temple(?) and showed no signs of life. This was in an open area and no
shooter could be seen. So investigations begun.
The investigators found out that more than 6 miles away was a military
shooting range. There had been some practising with KSP 58 (a Belgique
machine gun, but I don't now it's real trade name but it's much like a M-60,
cal 7,62x55mm). One of the guys practising got the wonderful idea of target
shooting at 100 meters range from the hip,the gun raised and the rest is
appearent. It was later said that the bullet wouldn't have been fatal if
hitting somewhere else. Further more it was even said that the force of the
bullet was so low so that if it not had been such a hot day that the driver
had lowered his side window, the window would have slowed/stopped the bullet
enough to save his life.

So what do we learn from this ? It takes maximum bad luck that something
like this will happen but no way that I would take chances like letting go
of bullets that I don't now where they stop.

A shot nevr fired is never regretted.

Mattias

P.s.I've also heard some reports of people being killed by falling bullets
when people have celebrated by firing several rounds in the in places like
Kabul, BUT THIS I DON'T NOW FOR SURE.

------=_Part_3810_23018888.1156831889346