[Steam-engine] Who was the biggest?

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 06:13:23 PDT 2006

--- Blake <blake at little-mountain.com> wrote:

> I think Frick was second.
>
> I'll have to look at my steam engine list to be
> sure. I think I have
> over 2500 existing engines on my list.
>
> Blake

Do you care to give a guess on how many farm engines
Frick built?  I'm interested in taking this thread as
far as the rest of the list members will allow.]

1) Case 35,836
2) Frick ?????
3) Huber 11,680
4) Keck-Gonnerman ~1750
5) Kitten 241

I'm not looking to make this a competition but rather
its a point of curiosity.  I did notice something
about my little Huber.  My #8213 was built in 1905 it
looks like Huber had already built most of their
engines by '05.  Did they peak early? or was this
typical of other makers?

> > Andy glines
> > Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 10:52 AM
> > To: Steam
> > Subject: [Steam-engine] Who was the biggest?
> >

> > I am looking for a little statistical information
> on
> > traction engine manufacturers.  Who was the
> biggest
> > builder of traction engines and how many did they
> > make?  Who was next.......?  I'm sure that the
> Racine
> > Water Heater Co. made the most but how many?  I
> think
> > that I read the other day that Huber made 11680
> and
> > that probably included rollers.  I want to know
> > because I often get asked this question when
> talking
> > with non-steam people.  They also ask how many
> were
> > there (total) someone feel free to take a WAG at
> that one!
> >
> > Andy Glines
> > Evansville, IN

Andy Glines