[AT] RE: Tubes and tires

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 28 21:48:17 PDT 2006

Lyle
I have to agree with you, But I want to add this comment
you know anyone can do this if they can throw enough money at it,

that ends up being no challenge whatsoever, but the ones that have to
watch their budgets and do still do their thing, My hat is off to them,
and say, they went thru their challenges.

some people that can throw money at everything, the way I see it, cant
do the challenges ahead of them, what would happen to their hobby if
some way this loose money disappears?  They cant do it.

I started my business in 73 w/o a penny to my name, matter of fact, I
owed myself money.
well, to this day, I have never looked back.
of course at that time, I heard all the hand wringers crying I couldnt
make it without money to throw at it.
no, I accepted the challenges. Glad I didnt listen to them.

Just like some of my stuff, I will make parts by casting, platings,
machining, etc. but here again, I always here, why didnt you just go
down and buy one?
I enjoyed making it, I have a pride I made it, I feel good about making
it. I do not feel so good when I have to throw hard earned money at
stuff when I can do it myself
Enough said, LOL
Clint

Lyle Myles wrote:
> I feel I have to say something on this. I'm disabled and I live on a fixed
> income. I love my tractors and old trains. I also restore about one tractor
> a year. I have to find the best deal on parts as I'm not a millionaire and
> have to watch my pennies. Just because I'm not rich is no reason for me to
> give up a hobby I have loved since childhood. There are times when I need a
> part and I have to evaluate the cost when I find a part to the amount of
> research that goes into finding that part or keep looking. Sometimes I can
> find what I need within my budget and sometimes I have to save but I would
> never give up what I love just because someone has plenty of money in the
> bank to spend on their hobby and believes that I'm not in their league that
> I should give up what I love.
>
> Lyle Myles
>
> May the Lord be with each and everyone this beautiful day that the Lord has
> given each and every one of us to enjoy and behold!

--------------090104030208000904020806

<head>
</head>
Lyle<br>
I have to agree with you, But I want to add this comment<br>
you know anyone can do this if they can throw enough money at it,<br>
that ends up being no challenge whatsoever, but the ones that have to
watch their budgets and do still do their thing, My hat is off to them,
and say, they went thru their challenges.<br>
some people that can throw money at everything, the way I see it, cant
do the challenges ahead of them, what would happen to their hobby if
some way this loose money disappears?  They cant do it. <br>
I started my business in 73 w/o a penny to my name, matter of fact, I
owed myself money.<br>
well, to this day, I have never looked back.<br>
of course at that time, I heard all the hand wringers crying I couldnt
make it without money to throw at it.<br>
no, I accepted the challenges. Glad I didnt listen to them.<br>
Just like some of my stuff, I will make parts by casting, platings,
machining, etc. but here again, I always here, why didnt you just go
down and buy one?<br>
I enjoyed making it, I have a pride I made it, I feel good about making
it. I do not feel so good when I have to throw hard earned money at
stuff when I can do it myself<br>
Enough said, LOL<br>
Clint<br>
Lyle Myles wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I feel I have to say something on this. I'm disabled and I live on a fixed
[...]

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->are
  </pre>
    <pre wrap=""> not cheap.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

	Egads! What a comment...   :-(
	And you wonder why people here are not nice to you...

	Whats wrong with you Andy? Why are you not rich already?   ;-)   ;-)

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's