[AT] Portland IN show

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon Aug 28 09:44:59 PDT 2006

	The Portland IN show is history once again... Is it time
for the 2007 show yet???   <(^¿^)>
	It seemed really strange this year especially in the swap
meet area. All those places that usually have 2 to 3 inches
of standing water had really deep inch wide cracks in the
ground instead. I have never been to Portland when there
was more dust than mud.   <(^¿^)>
	We missed a bunch of you guys around the campfire this
year including Spencer. Maybe next year...
	Somebody correct me but I think there were 330 IH tractors
and about the same number of all other brands. Does anyone
remember? I didn't hear stationary engine numbers or garden
tractors.
	As usual the Tri-state club did an outstanding job with
the show. There was some very good free entertainment and
Diana and I spent a couple of hours at the grandstand
listening to music from the 50's and 60's. Dang there was a
lot of gray (and missing) hair in that crowd.  We did
finally get a heavy rain that seemed more like Portland.
	We (ATIS) didn't get our own tractor "spot" this year and
we didn't have a picture taking... Maybe we can get those
back next year.
	The Dotson Inferno was ever present and was fueled with
the usual range of wood and various explosives...   <(^¿^)>
 The tree tops had all recovered well from last years
inferno. Hot dogs were cooked in about one second at a
distance of about 8 feet from the actual flames. Hot dog
sticks required a handle about 16 feet long. Marshmallow
burst into flame as they were pulled from the package while
still inside of the camper.   <(^¿^)>
	The mostly Dotson cooked breakfasts were super and I hope
most folks found the donation bucket OK.
	The trips there and back with the trailers were event free
except for an occasional heart attack at the gas pump.

--
"farmer"

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be
continually fearing you will make one."
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's