[AT] O.T.--shootin' skunks (357 vrs 38)

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Aug 25 21:21:04 PDT 2006

I just went through a local jackass shooting at our fire station with a
30-06. The wife was there painting and I was on my way over when he
started shooting. I grabbed my camera with a BIG lens on it, and got his
picture. Then went over to check on the wife. She heard the first round
hit a tree about 20 feet away and went inside behind our big tanker. I
made sure she was OK and grabbed the radio and called the troopers. The
idiot shot three more times AFTER I yelled down there and hit the
station siren. I then went down for a visit.... I got out of the truck
just as the kid went in the house. His buddies outside claimed that they
didn't hear any shooting and that it wasn't them. So I took their
pictures and told them I also had a picture of the bozo with the gun and
a muzzle blast. When I mentioned that they had almost shot my wife they
suddenly got real worried, even more so when I told them the troopers
were on the way. I got pictures of the vehicles and plates in the yard
and left. They started bugging out as soon as I left. Troopers showed
up, took our statements and a disc with the pictures on it (I showed
them the pics prior to giving them a copy)Then asked me what I wanted
done. I deferred to the wife who just asked them to talk to the idiots.
I just told them that the next time they shot like that I would be
returning fire with well aimed rounds.

Last I heard one of them went to jail for Reckless endangerment, Public
drunkenness, and resisting arrest.

Oh the station is clearly visible from the guys house and is less than
200 feet away. He was also within 100 feet of three other homes at the time.

1-2 miles won't work for my .50. It can really reach out there......

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.

Greg Whittaker wrote:
> First of all I know how to handle firearms perfectly well.  If I was in
> a more populated setting I would not shoot into the air
> indiscriminately.  In four direstions from me there are no houses for 10
> to 20 miles.  That's a pretty special .223 round that hit something at
> 10 miles.  In the other directions there are no houses for 1 to 2
> miles.  I take this into consideration.  I agree with Tom
>
> Greg Whittaker
> Wolverine Mi.

Oh and walt the below is how that crappy HTML comes through. When will
you learn to shut it off.