[AT] Tractor Shows

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Fri Aug 25 20:39:21 PDT 2006

I attended the Oakley show for the first time this year. I have always
talked about the Buckley show but have never gone due to the fact that I
would have to stay overnight. I chose Buckley as it is only 2 hours away. A
lot of tractors to look at in one day. One thing of interest, and to our
dismay, we missed when they ran it, was a big V-12 gas engine that was
started with a 10 hp ,4 cylinder gas pony engine. There were at one time
several of them in Flint, Michigan and used for flood control. Although no
longer on the engine, the pumps would pump 45,000 gal. per minute per pump.
In 25 years they were only used twice other than being tested every so
often. I'd sure like to know how much gas they used per hour. Another thing
I sure would have liked to have seen, but again I missed it, was the rope
braiding machine with all it's spools of string. All in all a day well spent.
Greg Hass
Bad Axe, Mi.