[AT] O.T.--shootin' skunks (357 vrs 38)

Rick Weaver Rick_Weaver at hilton.com
Fri Aug 25 09:11:19 PDT 2006

Maybe not.

Most people don't think about flipping a tractor either until those
small errors converge and line up in such a way that an accident happens
and someone gets killed, either on a hill or trying to yank stumps or
drag logs.

A "planetary alignment" of a series of small issues is often needed for
a catastrophic event to happen.  Attention to any one of the small
issues would have prevented the event.

Any of the "Engineering Disasters" on the Discovery Channel, or the "60
Seconds to Disaster" on the National Geographic Channel demonstrate this
phenomenon.

Do what you want to, but be aware of the consequences of your actions,
even if 99.9% of the time that bullet drops harmlessly.  There is no
need to have some murder or even reckless endangerment charge come your
way when a simple rule of firearms safety can be observed.

Rick