[AT] f-farmalls

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:28:31 PDT 2006

Hi Mike.

One exception to your statement.  When I was 13 or 14, Dad bought a used
late F-20 (I think 1938).  The old Regular was pretty well used up.  Anyhow,
4th on that tractor was really a road gear.  I am not sure of the top speed,
but maybe around 12 mph.  Not as fast as the later M, but as a kid I thought
I was a top dog driving it in 4th on our farm lanes.  It was a good strong
old tractor with just the 90 degree elbow on top of the manifold pipe.  I
loved to hear the governor open when the throttle was pulled back to that
last notch in 4th.

Charlie