[AT] O.T.--shootin' skunks (357 vrs 38)

Phil Auten pga2 at hot1.net
Thu Aug 24 14:18:05 PDT 2006

Yeah, that'll work, but I think he's trying to do this a little
quieter and to eliminate the ricochet problem.
The .38s should be not much louder than a .22 and a lot more deadly.
I would use the soft points or
even hollow points in the .223 as long as the bullets are designed as
"varmint" projectiles. these are
designed to fragment violently if they hit anything, thus eliminating
the ricochet problem. I have used the
62 gr. soft points on coyotes with outstanding success out to 250
yards. That was before I leased my
pasture for grazing. I haven't had a coyote problem since the cows came in.
As for skunks, the biggest problem we seem to have with them is they
get killed on the road and
Bubba the wonder dog rolls in them. Now that stinks!

Phil