[AT] tranny oil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 22 10:20:25 PDT 2006

Did you bother to read my message at all?  The ford N is a 'common sump'
system.  That means that hydraulics, transmission, and rear diffy are all in
the same oil sump.. thus.. since the manufacturer specc'ed 90wt oil in the
system.. that meant the hyds were specc'ed to use it too.

140wt is too thick. And no.. 90wt doesn't clog anything.. the scotch yoke
piston pump with submerged pickup was designed to pump the heavy oil.. there
is no filter.. not even a pickup strainer.

Your 140wt comment wasn't called for.  The facts are here before you as to
why the system uses 90wt oil..

In cold weather, the 90wt oil is thick.. but it still works fine.  After a
few minutes of warm up.. no issues.

Soundguy

From: Clint D <driggars at earthlink.net>
Sound guy
as you can note, I said Hydraulic systems, I wasnt even talking about
the antique manual type transmissions
But hey, if you like 90 wt oils in your hyd systems, be happy with it,
if 90 is fine, why not just sue some 140 WT, should be even better for
you, LOL
OH it will work, maybe? but slow as heck, clog system components, and so
on, But that is probably normal???
Clint