[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 30, Issue 19

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Tue Aug 22 05:28:32 PDT 2006

Clint,
The hydraulic systems in the older Fords were DESIGNED to use 90wt oil.
These systems are crude by today's standards (basic design predates WWII)
but work just as they were designed to with the proper 90wt mineral oil.
They will leak and not work to their full potential with more modern thinner
oils which are designed for more modern hydraulic systems that have much
tighter tolerances.
You speak as someone who has never owned an older Ford - RTFM before you
make statements that make you sound ignorant.
Mark