[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 30, Issue 19

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 21 10:28:21 PDT 2006

Have you ever owned a N series ford?  Have you ever bothered to read a ford
N series owners manual?  The spec was for the heavy mineral gear oil.  The
tractor was a common sump unit.. trans, hyds, and rear end.  The scotch yoke
piston pump pickup was submerged inthe center section.  This setup was used
from 1939-1952.  After that ford went to an engine mounted pump, and a
thinner hyd oil.

I think you need to re-check what you think you know about these old N
series fords.

Soundguy