[AT] Re: AT Digest, Vol 30, Issue 19

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 21 10:16:14 PDT 2006

Actually.. M2C134D is a transdraulic fluid.. suitable for transmissions,
hydraulics, rear ends, final drives, differentials, wet brakes and clutches.

It is way different than a plain hyd oil.. like AW32 or AW 46.. etc.

Yes.. it would work in a N rear end.. but is so much thinner that you can
loose pump performance unless you linve in very cold weather.  Worn systems
are also prone to leaks, and lower performance.. etc.

Even on the later hundred series and NAA with seperate sumps.. I still only
like to use the 134d in the hydro sump, and still use gear oil in the trans
and diffy.

On the later thousand series with common sumps, you were stuck with 134d as
well as systems that used the SOS.. you had to use the thinner oil.. etc.

Soundguy