[AT] 90wt oil

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 21 08:19:48 PDT 2006

I am not aware of any hyd system calling for 90 WT oil, I believe
someone needs to recheck what they believe here or read!

Clint

Ralph Goff wrote:

>I'm surprised that #90 oil was recommended for these hydraulic systems. My
>MF super 90 also has the scotch yoke hydraulic pump and they recommend type
>A automatic transmission fluid, the same as Case of the same era did. Of
>course I have been using Case-IH hytran in everything which seems to work
>well. The Massey does have a slightly worn out steering pump so I notice the
>steering is a lot better when the tractor is cold. I guess heavier oil might
>help the situation but ideally it should have the pump repaired or replaced.
>
>Ralph in Sask.
>http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/

--------------080304080606050503070904

<head>
</head>
I am not aware of any hyd system calling for 90 WT oil, I believe
someone needs to recheck what they believe here or read!<br>
Clint<br>
Ralph Goff wrote:
  <pre wrap="">I'm surprised that #90 oil was recommended for these hydraulic systems. My
MF super 90 also has the scotch yoke hydraulic pump and they recommend type
A automatic transmission fluid, the same as Case of the same era did. Of
course I have been using Case-IH hytran in everything which seems to work
well. The Massey does have a slightly worn out steering pump so I notice the
steering is a lot better when the tractor is cold. I guess heavier oil might
help the situation but ideally it should have the pump repaired or replaced.

Ralph in Sask.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/">http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/</a>

    <pre wrap="">If it's not as thick.. I doubt it will perform as good.

The scotch yoke piston pump on the old ford N series was designed for
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->heavy
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">oil.. the thinner the oil, the more the lift can leak...

Soundguy

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">From: "charlie hill" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chill8 at cox.net"><chill8 at cox.net></a>
Subject: Re: [AT] tranny fluids
Chris,  I don't remember the wt but Fuller Roadranger transmissions as
found
in big trucks use mineral oil.   I don't think it is as heavy as 90 Wt
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->but
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">there is still mineral oil out there to be had.  Maybe you haven't looked
in
the right places?
Charlie
      </pre>