[AT] 90wt oil

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 20 21:48:40 PDT 2006

I'm surprised that #90 oil was recommended for these hydraulic systems. My
MF super 90 also has the scotch yoke hydraulic pump and they recommend type
A automatic transmission fluid, the same as Case of the same era did. Of
course I have been using Case-IH hytran in everything which seems to work
well. The Massey does have a slightly worn out steering pump so I notice the
steering is a lot better when the tractor is cold. I guess heavier oil might
help the situation but ideally it should have the pump repaired or replaced.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/