[AT] ford oil

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 20 14:38:02 PDT 2006

Considering the scotch yoke piston pump in the ford N series was designed
around that heavy weight oil..like a 90wt mineral oil.. I don't see how a
thinner oil could be said to be 'better' in a blanket statement like that.

On the ford N boards i frequent.. some people experience a bit better cold
weather response fromt he thinner oil.. but the vast majority with a non
rebuilt pump.. or one with some wear like the response of the heavy oil much
better.

Axle seals and tranny input shaft seals that don't leak on 90wt have been
known to leak with teh thinner 134d type oil.

You put whatever you want in your tractor.. I think I'll stick to the weight
that was specified as oem...

Soundguy