[AJD] Pistons

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 20:00:50 PDT 2006

That is how is was on my 1936 AR.  there is a 1/4 inch
difference in pin sizes.  Even though the stroke on
the A was increased it was done in the length of the
piston and not the rods,  so the later rods are the
same length as the early,  just have the larger pin.
I'll bet it is the same on the B.

       Chris

--- "greg at theoldtractorcompany.com"
<greg at theoldtractorcompany.com> wrote:

> Bill
> So far as I have heard, you can use the later SN#
> oversize aluminum aftermarket
> pistons and change the rods to later rods. Seems
> like I remember we just used to
> have the existing earlier rods machined out to take
> the later, larger piston pins.
> I think the early pins are around 1 3/16" while the
> later piston pins are 1 7/16".
> As this is a large amount you end up running the pin
> IN the rod with no pin bushing
> at all.
>
> Or at least that's what I remember...or I think I
> remember that's what I remember...
>
> Sound right?
>
> Greg
>

> Greg Stephen
> The Old Tractor Company
> Stephen Equipment Company
> PO Box 709
> Franktown, CO 80116
> 303-663-5246
> 303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!
>
> On Thu Aug 17 17:39 , 'Bill Thompson'
> <spudthompson at agiftofmaine.com> sent:
>
> >Greg,
> >Bill here, still waiting for an answer.
> >
> >Bill
> >An NOS B1306R cylinder block is $450. Is your
> current block standard now? If
> >so you
> >Could either use the old pistons in a new block or
> still locate .090 pistons
> >I will check on pistons next but don't recall
> having anything on those
> >Greg

Chris Carl
Camano Island, Washington