[AT] OT Irrevocable Trusts and Land and Family...

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Fri Aug 18 09:04:58 PDT 2006

Ok,

Well, I failed to mention that we have retained a lawyer and met with him. We discussed all possibilities, corporations, trusts, etc...

The transfer of the land, deeds, and the Trust will be created by the lawyer. The specific bylaws were put on us to create. Every piece of property has its own quirks....   I have found a few samples on line but none specifically geared toward family land.

I have a rough draft and have found that when you put the bylaws down on paper it makes you think about all possible scenarios.... Tax payments, usage, maintenance, rule enforcement, etc... I am not buying in until I feel comfortable with the rules...

I can see where this type of arrangement can get sticky.... My brother is already looking questionable on this... And thats OK. Personally I want all members on the same page. Better now than after the agreement.... I appreciate the comments and keep them coming...

Regards,

Will
From: "Larry D. Goss" <rlgoss at evansville.net>