[AT] Sickle mower ?

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Fri Aug 18 10:19:22 PDT 2006

I'm a little late on this but you mention adding more hold down clips. Our
county used Super A's to cut the roadsides; then went to 140's for many
years, all equiped with mid mount sickle bar mowers. Now of course, they
use all rotary mowers. However, a retired man told me that to cut the grass
better they put double the number of hold down clips on all their mowers.
These mowers were run for 2 or 3 months each year so the double clips must
have worked or they would not have kept using them.
Greg Hass