[AT] OT Irrovicable Trusts and Land and Family...

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Fri Aug 18 07:58:38 PDT 2006

While I know many folks are attorney-averse, I wouldn't touch a project like
this without qualified counsel.  Find one who specializes in trust and
estate planning and find out their fees ahead of time; this should be a
simple transaction and the experts have all the boilerplate ready to go for
you.  Maybe ask your banker for a referral if you don't have somebody in
mind already.

Also, there are libraries online that contain the kind of boilerplate you
seek, if you are set upon doing your own you can probably find what you
need.  Beware of state-specific laws.  I work in Minnesota and Iowa and have
learned not to assume that even these 2 midwest rural cultures do things the
same way.  So if you're in Iowa of Minnesota I can make a referral.

No, I'm not an attorney.  But I have a few I like to work with, others I've
learned I'd rather not work with.  The ones I don't like are probably more
uninspired and uncreative and flat lazy than outright dishonest.  My main
guy will often talk me out of doing projects, rather than running up a bill
for something that won't work out, anyway.

B²

Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, MN, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.