[Farmall] Farmall 340 Loader Question

Larry Hardesty ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 17 05:41:28 PDT 2006

Greg,  Thanks for the thoughts.  I stopped by the local Case-IH dealer.  The
service manager took me up the mechanics, who were all on break.  The
consensus was to pour hydraulic fluid down the outlet tube from the filter.
One said it is a long ways from the fluid in the transmission to the pump in
front.  I am not getting any noise from the pump so I think it is not primed
at all.  Unfortunately, I have a box blade and loader on the tractor, so not
easy to drive it anywhere.  However, I probably can get the box blade off
(without any hydraulics) and take the bucket off the loader.  If pouring
fluid down the outlet tube does not work, I will try your suggestion about
driving it to a ditch with right side lower than and front lower than back.

Thanks for the help.  Got a lot of rain last night so probably will not work
on it today...and looks like it is going to rain today.

Larry