[AT] WD Starter drive

D. Day ddss at telebeep.com
Wed Aug 16 18:12:40 PDT 2006

The inside collar was broken on the starter drive on my WD (parts were loose
down inside the spring), which I assumed would account for the intermittent
starter problems (starter would grind or just spin without engaging the
flywheel).   I ordered a new starter drive, installed it and now it's the
same or worse.

Other than aligning and tightening the set screw on the inside collar of the
new starter drive, I cannot see where there is any other alignment or
adjustment.  Am I missing something?  The teeth on the flywheel, at least to
the untrained eye, do not look damaged or worn.  The starter motor is
turning quickly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dick