[AT] Some ads from the 8/12 Lancaster Farming

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sat Aug 12 16:36:10 PDT 2006

Mike -

"Snapper Soup" was popular for generations (and still is in some areas) but
when the same contaminant testing done on various fish species was done on
snapping turtles, tests revealed soaring levels of mercury and PCBs due to
the species longevity and tendency of lying and hibernating in the
contaminated silt and mud on the bottom. Prepared properly, the soup is,
indeed delicious, but I certainly wouldn't eat it more often than maybe once
or twice a year.

As far as buying one ...??? When/If I wanted one, I'd just go catch it. All
that's needed is a dead fish for bait and a snapper in the area.

TTYL
Bob