[AT] Sickle mower ?

Stuart Harner sharner at starband.net
Sat Aug 12 09:57:35 PDT 2006

Since it has been kind of slow, does anyone have any knowledge about a Haban sickle mower?

I picked up a 5 ft. 3pt. mount mower at an auction a while back.  It is a Haban model 440 series C with a S/N 286194.  It had some missing parts and some broken parts but otherwise looks in fair condition.

I don't know much about sickle mowers and have been trying to do some research about this unit on the web.  So far I have found out that Haban is out of business and this is kind of an orphan unit.  They apparently were not too big into the 3pt. units, but stuck mostly to garden tractor types.  I think the main difference is the 3pt. mount.

I am headed to town this afternoon to see what I can collect for parts, but would be interested in any information/advice anyone wants to give.

Required tractor ref.:  I will be mounting this on my AC WD

Thanks,

Stuart