[AJD] M grille

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Fri Aug 11 17:05:28 PDT 2006

A friend of mine did rework and install an MT grille on an M. He didn't complain too much more
than usual so it must have gone okay.

For what it's worth, tell him to not feel too bad. The M grille is on my list of top 10 all
time hard to find items, they're just super tough to locate.

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Fri Aug 11  9:53 , 'Michael Dixon' <mpmbd at yadtel.net> sent:

>A friend has an M that he purchased new in 1952. His health is rapidly failing and his son
wishes to cosmetically restore the tractor as it still is really good mechanically, never any
major repairs. But the grille on it is for a 40. Someone borrowed the tractor back in the
1960's and destroyed the original grille. They bought a 40 grille as a replacement. The son is
searching for good M grille with not much success. The M grille is part #AM 1960T. The MT is
#AM 1880T. My question is whether the grilles are identical except for the hole in the
vertical center of the MT grille. If so, the hole could be filled and the grille could be used
for the M. That would expand the possibilities for finding a grille. If a grille is located, I
will let him do his own negotiating and purchasing.