[AJD] M grille

Michael Dixon mpmbd at yadtel.net
Fri Aug 11 08:53:07 PDT 2006

A friend has an M that he purchased new in 1952. His health is rapidly failing and his son wishes to cosmetically restore the tractor as it still is really good mechanically, never any major repairs. But the grille on it is for a 40. Someone borrowed the tractor back in the 1960's and destroyed the original grille. They bought a 40 grille as a replacement. The son is searching for good M grille with not much success. The M grille is part #AM 1960T. The MT is #AM 1880T. My question is whether the grilles are identical except for the hole in the vertical center of the MT grille. If so, the hole could be filled and the grille could be used for the M. That would expand the possibilities for finding a grille. If a grille is located, I will let him do his own negotiating and purchasing.