[AJD] Insert bearing type connecting rods for JD A

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Wed Aug 9 22:39:21 PDT 2006

Chris
You mean got the TOP half of the rod only? NO con rod cap at all? If it were me I would
complain unless that was what was pictured in the auction and in that case it's likely your
oversight. Each cap is matched to each rod although they can be machined to match. Problem
is,where will you ever find spare rod caps floating around?

As to the turnbabbitintoinsert scenario, sure it can be done. We have a local guy here who has
done it many times. I always tell people to discuss it with their machine shop and if they
don't know what you're talking about or are reluctant find another machine shop. It's not a
big deal other than the headache you will give some future parts guy who will be unable to
reconcile the converted rod casting # with the type of rod it now is!!!!

Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
PO Box 709
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!

On Wed Aug  9 19:15 , Chris C <jdnutinwa at yahoo.com> sent: