[AJD] Insert bearing type connecting rods for JD A

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 18:15:27 PDT 2006

I just purchased a set of insert type bearing
connecting rods from a trusted seller on Ebay.   The
arrived minus the rod caps.

   I have heard tale of people taking the babbit style
rods and having them machined to accept insert type
bearings?  Anyone know this for a fact?   I am trying
to find a way to salvage what I have left,  but I see
Deere doesn't list the caps seperatly.

    This has really thrown a wrench into my projeect
as I was needing the entire connecting rod to put the
motor together.

                     Chris

Chris Carl
Camano Island, Washington