[AT] Some ads from the 8/5 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Aug 6 03:32:02 PDT 2006

Oh, to be sure the fact that the tractor is on steel isn't what is
strange - it is the "WDR McCormick Diesel" part. Now that I read it
again and noticed that it is ""with Pulley", I have to think Dudley may
be closer to figuring out what the seller has.

By the way, the Amish will often buy a new tractor, remove the wheels
and tires, put on new steel wheels (made by local blacksmiths) and stick
the new ones in the back of the barn. When he sells the tractor years
later, you might see an ad for an older machine with "new tires and
rims" mentioned (if he can't find another Amish to but it with the steel
wheels).

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
When the loyal opposition dies,
I think the soul of America dies with it.
Edward R. Murrow