[Farmall] RE: Painting F-20

Anthony Flint tony at flintservices.com
Fri Aug 4 09:32:26 PDT 2006

First thing that leaps to me is: don't brush, spray.  You won't be happy
with any result from brushing, as it won't be smooth enough.

When applying paint, several light coats will look MUCH MUCH better than
trying to apply one heavy coat.  The finished surface will only look as good
as the base, so make sure it's clean of all loose paint, rust, grease, oil,
etc.

I've rebuilt several cars using the "pull a part, rebuild it, paint it,
stick it in a box, assemble later" method.

Paint will adhere to a slightly rough surface better than one that's
mirror-smooth.

Don't spray paint by continously holding the trigger and moving the can/gun
around; coverage will be lousy and you'll get bare spots in places, runs in
others.  Sweep past the edges of the part, releasing the trigger at the end
of each sweep.

Now, whether or not that's info you were looking for... :-)

Tony F.