[AT] Waaay O.T. - Sterling???

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 17:44:19 PDT 2006

OH! Brother! the extremes that one will go to  just to  win an argument.
------------------

In  a message dated 8/2/2006 7:50:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rlgoss at evansville.net writes:
FWIW, Internet searches don't necessarily yield  correct information.  A
lot of it depends on the subject you're  searching, the way you spell,
and even the order of the words in the search  argument.  A number of
years ago I searched for several hours trying to  find some details about
Gutenberg's invention of movable type.  I got  thousands of results, but
most of the sites were class projects posted on the  Internet by sixth
graders -- literally.  That's not exactly reliable  information.

There also is the problem that not all characters are  recognized in a
search argument.  While searching for a source for  throttle casing nuts
a couple of weeks ago, the argument for a "#14-18 tap"  got converted
into "1/4-18 tap".  That's not exactly the same  thing.

Larry

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361