[AT] old expressions

Bill "Bear" Hood mmman at netscape.com
Wed Aug 2 18:41:35 PDT 2006

--- lyle45859 at peoplepc.com wrote:

From: "Lyle Myles" <lyle45859 at peoplepc.com>
To: "'Antique tractor email discussion group'" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: RE: [AT] old expressions
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:32:51 -0400

Here in Ohio we say, YOU'RE ABOUT AS USEFUL AS TITS ON A BOAR HOG.

Lyle
Hog breeding research turned this one around years ago.  It seems that the number and spacing of teats on the boar hog is what controls the number and spacing on the offspring of that boar.  If we want 12 evenly spaced teats on our replacement gilts, we need the same thing on the boar we are using to rear these replacements.

But it still sounds good.
Bear
BTW I am thankful that I don't have to raise hogs for a living any more, but I am grateful for the opportunity and education furnished by that time in my life.