[AT] old expressions

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Aug 2 06:53:45 PDT 2006

Hi Mike,

First off I never said it had anything to do with the US Navy.  I always
assumed the story came from pre-revolution ships of the British and Spanish
Naval forces and possibly a few pirate ships that sailed the  seas near my
home.  However, with that said I will defer the "experts" on your web site
and accept it as a good story with no proven basis  in fact.  Neither one of
us will ever know for a fact which is true now will we?

Charlie