[AT] old expressions

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Aug 1 15:11:25 PDT 2006

Robin:
That is the best use of this I think anyone could find.  Kids need to have
an understanding of these old expressions.  If you need a book on them,
there is a book on old OZARK expressions or How to talk like you came from
the OZARKS..  I had it years ago when I was in 8th grade going to a private
school.  A country boy like me fit in like a "whore in church" and "stood
out like a sore thumb".  I learned all of those sayings just to piss off all
the teachers...  They transferred me out of that school iduring Christmas of
8th grade and into the 9th grade at a public school, but the OZARK talk had
stuck.  I spent the last 35 years paying for that learning.....Folks still
look at me crazy.
Cecil in OKla