Cecil Monson (was Re: [AT] tractor related old expression

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Aug 1 14:07:30 PDT 2006

Not a day goes by that I don't think about some subject and wish I could
share it with Cecil. We didn't always agree on everything, but we sure
had fun discussing them.

I have been in touch with Lucille recently, and she is thinking about
selling some of Cecil's tractors. As you may recall, it was their plan
to sell the place in Mountainville, as it was getting to be too much to
maintain, plus they were getting tired of dealing with the various
tenants. So she is looking for a smaller place and will probably only
take the Cub for grounds maintenance. Her idea is to have an auction
later in the year, so if you have a strong desire for one or more of his
machines, you might want to write to her at Cecil's old ID. She checks
it once a week or so.

If you think that you might be in a position to rip off a foolish old
widow, be warned that Lucille has been wheeling and dealing in her own
real estate business for many years. She may not be as good as Cecil at
buying low and selling high, but she is a close second! :-)

I am sure that she would like to hear from any of Cecil's friends; she
misses him terribly.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
When the loyal opposition dies,
I think the soul of America dies with it.
Edward R. Murrow