[AT] New product panics (was) Detroits

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Aug 1 15:02:25 PDT 2006

I have a neighbor here who heats his house on Wood from a stove with a
catalytic convertor in it.  He has to take it apart 2times during the winter
to clean out the convertor so it heats better.

I have gone thru North OKC at night in the winter, and you cannot breathe
for the wood fireplace smoke.  It sure is not being used for heating in
those $400K houses!!!

Cecil in OKla

My question is: once they have these new engines running at these
ultralow emissions levels, what are they going to regulate next?
There's a point of diminishing returns, I would think. Are they going
to go after home heating systems? I can't imagine a wood stove with a
catalytic converter, but I never thought we'd see a diesel with one
either (like the new Duramaxes).

Ken in AZ