[AT] old expressions

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 1 12:47:24 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Tatlock" <carllary at Surfglobal.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] old expressions

> Up here in New England we'd say " That room wasn't big enough to swing a
> cat in."       Also, how about "He is so thin that if he turns sideways
> people think he's left town."         Carl in Vermont
Carl, thats another of my Dad's old sayings, not enough room to swing a cat.
Also, in reference to thin people, "he's so thin he has to stand up twice to
make a shadow".

And an extension to the one that farmer mentioned,,,, "a family so poor they
didn't have a pot to pi$$ in or a window to throw it out of. One of Aunt G's
favourites.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/