[AT] New product panics (was) Detroits

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Aug 1 09:13:49 PDT 2006

Mike I always thought that Y2K thing was bogus.  I don't know much about
computers but it is just logical to me that it wouldn't cause a problem.
The whole scare was based on the fact that comptuers used a 2 digit date (99
instead of 1999) and that they would freak out when they triped over to 00.
Seems to me the worst that could have happened would have been the combining
of data that might have been in the system from 1900.  Since there weren't
any computers around in 1900 I couldn't figure out how it would matter.

The computer was two dumb to know  anything about centuries.  All it knows
is the  base two version of a 2 digit, base 10 number.

Charlie