[AT] New product panics (was) Detroits

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Aug 1 09:00:28 PDT 2006

I have a couple vehicles here with heads that have the valve seats peat
out of them due to unleaded gasoline. It has a LOT to due with the rpm
range the engine runs at and how well the cooling system around the
valves works.

As for Y2K the catch to that was that the trigger date had actually
already passed for most systems the year before. I only know of a couple
systems that had any problems. Nothing major.

On the low sulfur fuel GM has been testing already and they are seeing
problems with the new fuel in the D-Max engines that are not designed
for it. Mainly injector pumps seizing and injector nozzles sticking.
They are working on an additive to prevent damage though.